Our Place, or Yours...
ULVAC’s foundry services feature two of ULVAC’s advanced, high density plasma, etching products. One etcher is designed for deep oxide etching for MEMS, MOEMS, Microfluidic and Photonic Applications. The second type of etcher is designed for etching III-V materials, metals and ceramics for power device, RF and piezoelectric MEMS applications. The processing facility also includes an advanced plasma ashing system, for thick resist stripping/cleaning and organic sacrificial layer removal for MEMS micro-mirrors. The facility has wet clean systems, an SEM and metrology tools; all sized for processing 100mm – 200mm wafers and glass, quartz and sapphire substrates. The ULVAC foundry enables you to accelerate device development, eliminate prototype-to-product variability and accelerate time-to-market scheduling.
Our equipment features ULVAC's unique and extremely versatile Neutral Loop Discharge (NLD) plasma source technology which enables:
- Superior profile control and surface roughness
- Low non-uniformity
- Excellent performance of deep SiO2 etching with PR
- High etching rate of Quartz >1μm/min, Pyrex > 0.8 μm/min, SiO2 > 0.5 μm/min
- Low process pressure, high density plasma, low electron temperature
- Robust etching for Quartz, Pyrex, LN, LT, and other glass materials
- Support for 100mm to 200mm wafers
- Anisotropic profile up to 50µm
- Application support for Ni, Ti, WSix, Al2O3, SiO2, TiO2, WN, LiNO3, GaAs, GaN, InP
- 4,000 Sq. Ft. Cleanroom
- NLD-570EXa Etch System
- NE-550EXa Etch System
- ENVIRO Asher
- Wet Clean Systems
- SEM & Metrology Tools
- 100mm - 200mm wafers
- Glass, Quartz and Silica Substrates
Need More Information?