ULVAC Launches the uGmni Series Custer System; Combining Deposition and Etch Modules' for Manufacturing Advanced Electronics
ULVAC, Inc. (Headquarters: Chigasaki, Kanagawa; President and CEO: Setsuo Iwashita; hereafter referred to as ULVAC) today announced the launch of uGmni Series cluster system combining deposition and etch modules' which enables our customers to equip a variety of different process modules including sputter, etch, CVD and others on the same transfer core. The company has begun selling production systems using this new platform.
Manufacturing of advanced electronics requires a wide variety of process such as deposition and fine pitch patterning combined together. Independent systems are generally used for each process to produce these devices.
ULVAC's new uGmni Series is able to equip a variety of different process modules on the same transfer core reducing spare parts by adopting common parts, and improving usability with a unified operation panel between all modules. This greatly improves efficiency for manufacturing advanced electronics devices.
Overview of the uGmni Series
- Multiple types of Sputter, Etcher, Asher & PE-CVD modules can be equipped.
- All types of above modules are made by ULVAC.
- Up to Φ300? wafer is applicable.
- Power Device - Seed & Metal Layer Sputtering
- MEMS Sensor - PZT Sputtering & Etching
- Optical Device - VCSEL Etching
- Packaging - Descum Ashing
- Communication - Insulated film PE-CVD and Etching
- uGmni-200 MaxΦ 200mm
- uGmni-300 MaxΦ 300mm
Transfer Core Options
- Square Process Module - Max 2 Chambers
- Hexagonal Process Module - Max 4 Chambers
- Heptagon Process Module - Max 5 Chambers
*above options for Φ200mm, contact for more information regarding Φ300mm
Process Modules Available
Need More Information?